Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Kids.......

Kids.....oh my sweet little kids, I love you more than you'll ever know. I wish I could say that I completely understand you all the time (because let's face it, I'm your mom and I should know right?!) but, the fact is.......I don't. I so badly wish I could go into your little minds and figure out your thinking and why you do what you do. I wish I could figure out why my adorable, sweet little son feels the need to run up to me and say, "Hey mom, take this!", while bending over with his little tush and farting and running away (can we just say, gross!) Now mind you he is only four and at his age farting is amazing and fascinating to him. And I know I'm not the only mom that has a kid that thinks farting is awesome, as my daycare kids feel the need to tell me every time that they do it. But kids are fascinating to watch that's for sure and they are also hilarious to watch. I just wish I could figure them out!

So I'm still learning about the weird things kids do, as most parents probably are, and almost every day they do something that leaves me with the deer in the headlights look. For example.....look at these blocks and capes.....




They look exactly the same don't they?! But oh no.....I guarantee that they are not the same. You see the ones on the right were in someone else's hand, being played with, so therefore that makes that toy (which is the exact same as the other) WAY more important then the one on the left. Anyone else just completely astonished about this?! I mean no matter what I say or do to convince the child (the one that is screaming and crying because they want the "cool" toy) that it's the exact same toy, they will never be convinced.  That would be like me going into a store and I see someone in the aisle with the product that I'm going for. Just doing the weird grown up thing, holding it in our hands and reading everything about it before we make the decision to buy it (we are all guilty of this) and I come up and take it from them because they touched it and so therefore it has to be WAY better then the one on the shelf right?! Well of course we wouldn't (well I hope that you wouldn't do that). And I know, we as adults wouldn't think to do that, but why is it that kids do this over almost everything!? Does the other toy have magical special powers? Is it that in some way the kids are secretly jealous that the other child made something way cooler?! Whatever it is that goes through those little tiny minds when they do this, I wish I could figure it out! I wish I could somehow make a collar that reads their minds, you know like the collar for Dug the talking dog wears in the Movie Up? Wouldn't that be awesome???!! But instead the only way I found to resolve the issue was to ask the child (in this case, the child with the way cooler version of the toy) if they wanted the other one (you know the exact same replica) and switch......doesn't sound easy does it. But what would you know....it worked! The kids switched the toys and in some odd way the world is fine again! I mean what just happened??

Like I said I wish I could totally understand why kids do things and why they are at sometimes a little complicated. But then again if I knew how to really understand them, then life wouldn't be full of craziness and fun right?! Although I'll admit, I would go through a lot less wine. But none the less I sometimes enjoy the chaos and silly crazy things they do (even though I want to pull my hair out and possibly start wearing a gas mask due to Riley), but it makes me laugh and therefore that makes me HAPPY! So the lesson I learn every time the kids are just the slightest bit crazy is to sit back and laugh (that and have a glass of wine), as they are silly tiny humans and let's just face it, they are the best tiny humans in the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment