Sunday, November 13, 2016

Drowning in a Busy Life with Crazy Kids

Life is busy.....very busy! It is for everyone and that looks different for everyone too. I'm no expert on this subject as I too am still trying to find the balance in this crazy life! I'm trying to find the time to do the job (well job's) that I love and balance that with a family and all the things the kids do through out the week! I run a daycare out my home so that keeps me busy on a day to day basis and on my toes for sure (but not a lot of time to tackle any daily tasks of my own). Then I do Young Living Essential Oils so that includes classes, vendor events and following up with a lot of people! Plus add in the kids both doing gymnastics and then Elise has a dance class during the week (which Riley now wants to take up soccer again too). Oh my goodness, how do I make it through my week sometimes?! Well it's not always easy and some weeks are way more busier then others but in some weird way I kinda like it like that. I can remember the days before kids where I would have ample time to get whatever it was that I wanted to get done....DONE! The days of scrap booking while watching some TV and having a glass of wine, oh those were the days. Now, I'm lucky if I ever get a project done (on time). Most days there are loads of laundry to get done, dishes, cleaning, things I want to get done and oh yeah, the load of laundry that I left in the washer from the other day! With the amount of things that need to get done in a day I feel like some days I'm completely drowning! But aren't we all?! I'm slowly learning how to handle and manage my crazy life so that it works for everyone (which is the hardest part). We all have our own needs and figuring out what works best is proving to be difficult! I have to, those days that I feel like I can't keep up and that I'm drowning in a sea of things that I can't seem to catch up with. Balancing is for sure a thing I need to work on and everyday I learn something new on how to handle it. I have to balance out work, events that I'm doing and putting on, time with my husband, time with the kids and well just LIFE! Most days I carry that mom guilt that all us moms feel. The feeling of maybe I did something wrong, did I yell or get after them?, did I spend enough time with them? Those feelings can haunt us and pull us into the drowning feeling we all feel. As I learn to balance out my life I'm also learning that I need to just try my best everyday and that's all I can do. But the bottom line is my life will always be crazy in a variety of ways until I'm old (at least I hope at that point it's not crazy!) I just need to embrace life as it is thrown at me and go with the flow of things rather then spending my time worrying about what I did wrong that day or what I could've done different. Life is to short to be serious all the time and now is the time to have fun! As I'm also learning the balancing act with life I do feel like some organization needs to come with it! So therefore my house shall become organized!! It kinda already is but this is my goal over the next couple months (well would love for it to be before Christmas but that't pushing it!) I'm going to do a little task at a time and go from there, one thing at a time. With the plan of organization I also plan to redo the kids rooms and make it more like their playroom area with imagination and fun! As they have to share the play area we have now with the daycare kids it's becoming a top list priority for them to get a space that is for them (besides it just being their rooms). I have big plans for them and I really hope they like it! My overall goal with doing that is to bring me back up for air and reality. To enjoy the things in life with my kids and embrace it. To stop drowning in the sea of craziness and spend the quality time with them in their space of imagination! We will all get through our life and make the best out of what we were given. Reality is we will drown from time to time and that's ok. We will all be ok and come back up for air. Balance is key and once we all figure out what works for us, that's when you jump in and embrace it and don't ever let it go!

No comments:

Post a Comment