Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Funny Sayings in Daycare

So it hit me the other day, while saying one of the many things I say during the crazy days of daycare.....Hey I should totally share these with people!! People are always asking Kayla and I how we do things and how our day was, but if you really knew what went on you would probably do one of two things:
       1. Get stressed out and want to high tale it out of here
                                               or
       2. Laugh so hard that you would be crying (and possibly pee your pants)
Why we do have stressful crazy days those seem to balance out with the hilariously funny days too!! Now we all know kids are already pretty funny and do silly things through out the day, that's a given. What most people don't know (or realize) is that the provider is also a little funny and silly too!  At least that's the situation here ( or at least I hope!)  After I wrote down our daily (literally) saying's, funny and some expected, it starts to sound like I'm more strict and not so fun?  Although I'm sure that's not the case, the kids have informed me we are pretty silly ourselves! Either that or they where just being nice, but never the less I thought it would be just a fun little read for everyone. We get through our days by laughing a lot and of course lot's of coffee!! So Kayla and I gathered some sayings that if you were to sit in at any given time you would be guaranteed to hear at least a few of these.  So here it goes our 25, yes that's right, 25 top crazy and fun sayings:
1. What smells and who is that?
2. Boy's don't marry boy's and girl's don't marry girl's (and occasionally, no you can't marry your sibling)
3. No you may not have more, you still have food on your plate
4. Wipe your nose and cover your cough
5. Stop throwing toys in the house
6. Don't touch the TV
7. Stop running in the house
8. Who clogged the toilet?
9. Use your inside voices
10. Leave the dog alone and stop touching her butt
11. The couch isn't for jumping
12. You don't need your shoes on and where are your socks?
13. Clean up your toys
14. No and stop please
15. Who shoved this in there?
16. Stop picking your nose
17. Don't announce your bodily functions out loud, just say excuse me
18. Chairs are for sitting not standing
19. Buckets are for toys not standing or sitting in
20. Put your pants back on
21. No you may not get up from the table till everyone is done
22. Don't feed the dog
23. Don't dump all those out
24. You can't take all the toys for yourself you have to share
25. Don't let the babies eat the crayons
Wow that's a lot! And again after reading these, don't they make me sound a tad bit mean and little crazy?! If I got paid 10 cent for every time I said those sayings I'm sure I'd be rich in no time!!  But there you have it.....if you have ever wondered what your daycare provider has said during the day I could almost guarantee that they have said a couple of these!!!
No don't get me wrong we do have lots of fun with the kids and keep them busy but there is a lot that goes on in an 8 hour day.  We keep out kids busy and encourage them to play and use their imaginations!  They love crafts and anything sensory related!  Play dough and slime are there all time favorite things to play with and it's so easy to make these things at home ( maybe another blog post?). So to end this hopefully funny and enjoyable read I'm going to share a few silly photos of my kids and their awesome silly faces! Enjoy and live in laughter and fun!!

                                                   

2 comments:

  1. Except #2 is leagle in all 50 states now 😉 I always sat back and let the kids debate it until someone would say something like "my uncle married a man!" Then I'd explain how yes, legally two boys or girls can marry. I taught at a very progressive church (the motto was "all means all".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are so silly!! I figure it's not my place to tell them that as I'm not their parents. So we just go the traditional route! But kids are funny and I love all their funny sayings too!

      Delete