Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Holiday Photos

I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner.  This year I was totally not prepared but I've managed to get it together just in time and now I can't wait!! I'm kinda glad that I waited so long to prepare because I'm like a little kid right now and can't wait for the kids to see everything!! Christmas is always such a fun time of year and by far my favorite! It's time with family all gathering together and sharing great food. Although this year is special to our sweet little family as this year is our first Christmas together as being married. We have had quite the year so far and some days it's still hard to believe that we were married just two short months ago.  Time sure does fly by and yet slowly creeps away, funny how that works!  We are so excited to embark on this life together and the holiday season is just the start!!
I live in awe every day that this is my life and that this is my tribe.  I'm truly blessed to have these guys surround me everyday and support me through life. Now don't get me wrong we are all human and we have our moments where we may "love them" but not necessarily "like them right now".  Although I will say these are far and few between as we learn more about each other everyday and choose to live our life full of fun and laughter instead.  Brandon and I find ourselves saying that life is to short to be serious all the time so why not have fun (although I'll admit, he's way better at it then I am!)! I'm slowly getting caught up but sometimes I find myself sitting back and watching him with the kids, and it just melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes.  This is what life is, happiness.  Pure happiness filled with kids being kids, playing, laughing and being silly.  

We all had so much fun taking these holiday photos and I'm in love with the way they all turned out!  We wanted some silly one's (because why not?!) and some more down to earth normal one's (but who are we kidding, we aren't the average normal family)!  I had a hard time choosing which one's I loved the most as they represent our sweet little family oh so well!
Ha absolutely love this one!! This show's all our true colors for sure!!! Why not have fun with your kids? They only get one childhood and we need to make it count!! Now don't get me wrong we do have discipline but we pick our battles with them and teach them the important things.  I believe that they need to be kids and play, have fun and goof off.  Which is why I can't wait till Christmas too as their gifts this year was a theme of "imagination", so many great things to build up their imaginations and let them be little! (Side note never did a "theme before but have to say it was an awesome idea and makes shopping oh so easy!)  Brandon and I can't wait to have them open every thing up (and maybe because we both want to play with it all too, as we bought a lot saying, "hey this looks like so much fun that I want to play!").  But if we are honest with ourselves don't we buy some gifts for them only for that fact?  We can't be the only ones?!  My kids are my world and with Brandon coming into our family he has brought us so much joy that I never imagined possible!  The kids love him and run to him with open arms and it's just the best feeling in the world to see them act this way. But aren't these photos just oh so precious?!
I started this blog to keep track of things on our new journey and so that one day I could look back and read all these again and reminisce on those sweet moments. (And this is way easier the trying to print them all off!)  To be able to share them with my kids and show them how blessed we truly are when we loose our way and life gets tough.  We need to remember the good things in life and stay positive. The kids are adjusting and they aren't huge fans of taking photos or doing videos (well who am I kidding Elise loves it, but Riley not so much!) but that's something we are going to work on so we can have all these beautiful memories!! I also want this blog to inspire others as we are all in this life together and most of us can relate to others with just knowing more about them and what they have been through.  This is a goal or a dream per-say and I'm happy to share my life and fun silly stories and events (the good and the bad) with all of you! Stay close to your family and hold tight to what is near and what you have.  Never think for a moment that your life isn't worth anything because look at the people that surround you, they are your life!! Make the best out of what life hands you and above all things laugh!! Laughter is worth so much and is so precious!  
So from our happy little family to yours we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Years!! 

And again here is a little song that I heard just the other day and it's again oh so fitting!!! Enjoy this Holiday Season everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment