Sunday, December 11, 2016

How I do what I do

From time and time again I get asked how I do what I do.  I get asked how I manage everything and how I got to where I am today.  How I have the patience, the energy, the time and most of all, how I pack that all into a day.  Now if I was being completely honest I would say I have no idea how I do all these things. But then that wouldn't really be fair and I wouldn't be giving any advice or crazy knowledge to what I may have experienced.  I'm no expert on any of these topics (as I have mentioned that before) and I'm no motivational speaker.  But, what I do know has take me a very long time to learn.

So how do I do what I do?! A question I hear a lot!! I hear it from everyone and it's the most common question that people ask after they learn I have and run and in home daycare.  Now as I have shared briefly before it can be rewarding and yet challenging.  Some days are amazing and the kids are great and they play and get along, and some days are the complete opposite.  With running a daycare you really never know what your going to get! You have to be on your toes and be ready for anything, kids can do things in a second (as mom's know this happens all the time).  One minute the kids are playing and are quiet and the next they are running around with buckets on their heads and running into walls (literally).  The kids can be so sweet and melt my heart and other days they make me want to pull my hair out.  But with everything they do on a day to day basis the good, the bad and the ugly they are my sweet daycare babies and they are my world.  But how do I do it?  With the old old saying....."Pick your battles wisely" and "Don't fret over the small things".  I know I know a lot of you are thinking oh that's so easier said then done...and your right, it is.  It takes so much practice to learn these simple old sayings.  I'll admit I wasn't the best at following these sayings too, but again with an old saying, "practice makes perfect" it really does.  Learn to let things go, know that the kids are just being kids.  Know what you need to teach them and instill that on them, don't nag them about what they are doing wrong.  Kids are inevitably going to drive you nuts and make you sit there thinking, "what where you thinking!?", but instead of exploding at them for spilling milk, or dumping out the toys or even hitting their sibling, sit back and take a deep breathe and instead of reacting think of what you are wanting them to learn and again instill that in them.  It's hard, trust me I know I've been there way to many times.  But what I have learned not only by practicing this with the daycare kids but also with my own kids is that the reward is so much more!!  These kids have only one childhood and we need to make the best of it.  We need to fill their lives with joy, fun, laughter and smiles!  The more we learn to "pick our battles" with the kids the more we all find joy in the life we are given!!  So again this is something that I've learned to manage and practice and I will say that over all life is better!

So what about just everyday life and how I have gotten to where I am.  Life isn't measured by success and how well we are doing in our jobs (at least we shouldn't think like this!) and my life hasn't been exactly how I imagined but this is the life I was given and I need to make the best of it.  I've learned to live in the now and not to fret over the life I want or what the future holds. I have to stay focused on my life, on my goals and be happy with what I have.  Now that doesn't mean I still don't daydream about what life could be or what if I was to do something different, we are all human and we all think this way from time to time.  But what I do know is that it's best to set life goals and do whatever it takes to achieve them.  Don't let things get you down when life gets hard or something goes not as planned.  This is also like the old saying of "don't fret the small things" and this took me a long time to learn as well.  There are things that happen in life that make us go crazy and we find our first reaction to freak out and stress.  We just need to learn to know that "everything happens for a reason" and that "with every door shut another one opens".  Stressing over things not going our way really isn't going to do anything for you besides being more stressed!  Now i'm not saying I live a stress free life as we all know life is stressful!  But what I am saying is that "when life hands you lemons make lemonade!"  Stress leads to so much more issues and we don't want to do that ourselves so why even stress over something that is out of your control?!  But learning to funnel your stress to something it really helps you live the life of joy and peace.  Just like the kids you only get one shoot at this crazy life so you have to make the best of it and live the life you've always wanted and imagined.

So with all this being said it's how I get through my days, it's how I manage life and all the things life throw at me.  In my house we have learned so much by "not fretting the small things" and by "picking the battles" and by most of all laughing!!! Life is to short to be serious all the time so we laugh!! And a family that laughs together stays together right?!  We are family and we are in this together and though we may not have it all together as a family we have it all!


So you all will learn soon enough, and maybe you have picked up on it already but I love linking songs to almost every situation that I am faced with.  And let's face it there is a song for everything!! So embrace it and listen and just enjoy life as it is handed to you!
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGB7IWklW3s

No comments:

Post a Comment